The Power Of Change
The Power Of Change
Something that affects many of us is the fear of change.
Does change make you uncomfortable, even if it’s a change for the better?
Are Your Fears Real?
A wise man once said that FEAR means False Evidence Appearing Real. In fact, the vast majority of our fears never come to pass. Experts have estimated that 90% of our fears are about things that will never happen!
This means we waste an awful lot of time and energy worrying about things that don’t matter!
But fear can be harnessed and transformed into the strongest motivator!
One of the best ways to get more used to change is to initiate changes yourself. Start with small changes in your daily routine.
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
- Take a different route to work.
- Try a new food. You might like it and find a new favorite.
- Read a book or play a game instead of watching TV.
Think of these small changes as adventures. Little by little, you’ll get used to making changes on a regular basis and discover many pleasurable consequences as a result. These good feelings will start to replace your fears. You have The Power to Change !
The idea is to build your tolerance for change. Soon enough, you’ll find that you’re looking forward to more and varied experiences, and even the big changes will be easier for you to handle without fear!
Here are some exercises you can do every day to reduce your fears:
1. Keep your self-talk positive… All day long, you’re involved in a dialog with yourself inside your mind. When a fearful thought presents itself, acknowledge it, then say something positive to yourself. If an image of failure shows up, change it with an image of success.
2. Use affirmations… Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself every day to change negative beliefs into positive ones. You really
can change your life with affirmations, one thought at a time.
Make your affirmations positive, present tense, and personal (i.e. use the words “I”, “me”, and “my”) for the best effect.
Here are some good fear-reducing affirmations for change to get you started:
- Life is a great adventure and I look forward to what is to come.
- I plan my work for success and work my plan.
- I feel courageous and ready to take on the world!
- I can handle any obstacle with confidence in my pursuit of my dreams.
- I enjoy each moment to its fullest.
- I take action every day to reach my goals so I can live the life I desire.
Write some of your own affirmations that counteract your personal fears, and then repeat them every time you feel anxious or worried.
3. Pray and meditate… Prayer and meditation can melt away your stresses, fears, and worries to relax you at the end of your day. On the other hand, it can also energize you and strengthen you for the day ahead. Take advantage of its special qualities to eliminate your fears and bring change and peace to your life!
4. Release your fears by doing what you love… You can release your fears by journaling, painting, exercising, or engaging in any other activity that helps you to relieve tension and anxiety.
5. Do what frightens you… You’ll never know just how much control your fears have over you until you confront your fears head on. Just do it, even if you’re scared. Once you’ve faced your fear and made it through, you’ll feel like you can face anything, and you’ll develop a stronger courage, too!
Your dreams are yours for the taking. Your fears are natural, yet you can naturally overcome them!
You have the Power of Change !
Thanks for Reading'